All orders ship within 1-5 business days. Most orders ship within 3 business days. Check the announcement banner at the top of the page to see what's shipping today!
All sales are final. Please start with a sample if you're not sure how this product will work for you. If your order arrives damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP for replacement options.
Make sure you never miss your favorite products by ordering subscribe & save option!
Note that coupons aren't applicable to subscription products, because they are already discounted! However, you can add non-subscription products to your cart and your coupons will be applied to those items. No need for a separate order!
Cancel anytime before your next charge date.
If you move, you are responsible for updating your shipping address before your next charge date. Orders shipped to the wrong address will not be refunded or replaced.
To manage, pause, edit, switch, or cancel your subscription orders and to edit your subscription shipping address, log into your account and click on the "My Subscriptions" button.
Note that updating your subscription address is a separate action from updating the default address on your Twinkle customer account. Please update both to make sure you get your order!
I designed each product in the Twinkle Apothecary skincare collection to balance and heal all skin, no matter the "type." You can't go wrong, but always try a sample first just in case! Please read the full product details for all the information you need to know to make a purchasing decision.
I recommend everyone start with the Travel Skincare Set ($69) to get a generous sample of a complete Twinkle routine. (Cleanse, tone, moisturize.) Once you have a regular skincare routine in place, you can expand your collection by exploring the large Skincare Sets ($129) targeted to individual skin types.
Please understand that I do not offer individualized skincare consultations or advice. If you have concerns about your skin or using any of my natural products, consult a medical doctor.
If you have questions about this product, please scroll down and click on the button that says "Ask a Question." You'll receive a response here ASAP!
If you'd like to pick my brain or get feedback on your routine, consider joining my Patreon community for a weekly Q&A!
If you have questions about this product, please scroll down and click on the button that says "Ask a question." I will respond here ASAP.
Please email email@example.com for other inquires. No phone calls, please.
Note that I do not conduct business over social media and I do not provide individualized skincare consultations or medical advice.
Contact your doctor if you have questions about using essential oils, or any of my natural products, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an otherwise compromised immune system.
Clik to join the Twinkle Apothecary Patreon community for a weekly Q&A session!
Shimmer Balms 💎
- Shimmer Balms
- The Colors
- How to Use
- Product FAQs
- Refill Info
Shimmer balms are makeup that makes your skin healthier! Add a touch of sheer, light-reflecting color to your cheeks, lips, or eyes with these healing plant-based balms.
- Diamond is a white shimmer with large sparkles
- Highlight is a nude-peach shimmer with white/gold/beige undertones
- Citrine is a yellow gold shimmer with large sparkles
- Rose quartz is a light frosted pink/gold highlight
- Amethyst shimmer is an iridescent highlight with purplish pink tones.
- Mother of pearl is a neutral tan/pink shimmer with iridescent lilac undertones
- Pink tourmaline is a bright pink shimmer with large diamond sparkles
- Fire opal is a warm, reddish pink coral with large diamond sparkles
- Obsidian is a dark grayish shimmer with purple undertones
- Sandstone is a warm, honeyed beige
- Bronze is a golden dark brown/tan
First use: break into the balm using your fingertips (or a small makeup spatula) to dig under the top layer. This will reveal the balm's richest color.
Apply: to your cheeks, lips, eyes, or anywhere you want to highlight or contour, using your fingertips, a makeup brush, or a sponge.
Build, layer, or mix & match: apply more for more color payoff, or layer over a shimmer powder to add more dimension and glow. Get creative and mix & match your colors! Shimmer balms are sheer, easy to use, and impossible to mess up. No makeup skills required!
Suggested: apply a layer of translucent mattifying powder under and over your color to set your look.
shea butter, organic sunflower oil, red raspberry seed oil, candelilla wax, wildcrafted jojoba oil, mica*, iron oxide, tapioca starch, non-gmo tocopherol oil (vitamin E), sweet orange essential oil, lavender essential oil
- Shea butter: Shea butter is a non-comedogenic emollient produced from the African shea tree nut. It soaks in quickly to provide a protective barrier layer that prevents dehydration without causing breakouts and, it's full of skin-barrier strengthening vitamins and antioxidants like vitamins E, D, and A.
- Candelilla wax: Candelilla wax is a vegan wax derived from the candelilla shrub. It has moisturizing, protective properties and creates a water-proof barrier layer, which prevents moisture loss holding the moisturizing oils and butter in our all-over balm on your skin longer.
- Organic sunflower oil: Sunflower oil is a lightweight but comforting non-comedogenic oil. It soaks in quickly without leaving a greasy sheen to strengthen and repair the skin barrier. It's high in vitamin E and free-radical fighting antioxidants, as well as essential fatty acids to nourish and condition dry skin.
- Wildcrafted jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is a liquid wax similar in texture to the natural oils produced by our skin. It provides lightweight moisture that doesn't clog pores.
- Virgin red-raspberry seed oil: Red raspberry seed oil is lightweight, non-pore clogging, and full of anti-inflammatory vitamins and repairing fatty acids. The exceptionally high levels of linolenic acid in red-raspberry seed oil are said to help with inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Some studies have even shown that red raspberry seed oil protects against UV damage.
- Tocopherol oil (Vitamin-E): Vitamin E tocopherols, derived from 100% non-GMO sunflower seeds, extend the shelf life of the other oils in our formulations due to their high levels of free-radical fighting antioxidants. These free-radical fighting antioxidants also help repair and nourish your skin!
- Essential oils: Shimmer balms contain a very low dilution of sweet orange and lavender essential oils for a light, fresh fragrance that never overpowers.
- Rose quartz Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861), Caesalpinia Sappan bark extract, iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Citrine Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Diamond Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861)
- Highlight Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Bronze Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Sandstone Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Fire Opal Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491), tin oxide (CI 77861), Caesalpinia Sappan bark extract
- Mother of Pearl Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861), Caesalpinia Sappan bark extract, iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Pink Tourmaline Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861)
- Ruby Mica (CI 77019), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Garnet Mica (CI 77019), iron oxide (CI 77491)
What is the shelf life?
Shimmer balms will stay fresh for approximately one year.
Do they have good staying power?
This isn't an all-day lipstick formula, but they do wear well on cheeks and eyes! There will probably be some creasing in the eye lid, but it's an easy fix - just tap and blend with your fingertip. Reapply on your lips as needed after eating and drinking.
Should I choose the balm or the powder?
It depends on your needs.
The balms are good for all skin-types and won't clog pores.
The powders have a brighter color payoff while the balms are more sheer.
However, the balms add more texture and moisture to your skin while the powders are weightless.
If you have hooded eye lids, you may prefer the powder on your eyes.
Or, you may prefer to layer the powders and balms together on your cheeks and eyes.
Obviously, if you're looking for a lip product, go with the balm.
The possibilities are truly endless!
I have another question!
Scroll down and click on "Ask a Question." You'll receive a response here ASAP.
Shimmer balms are not refillable in the OKC studio. Please recycle or repurpose the glass jar!
Crafted drop-by-drop in the Twinkle Apothecary studio, ensuring that every bottle contains the perfect blend of science, love, and twinkle magic.
Everything is thoughtfully packaged in reusable, recyclable, or biodegradable packaging, with bulk options available for at-home refills.
Always 100% plant based, PETA-approved vegan & cruelty-free. Our products contain no animal products or by-products, and no harm throughout the supply chain.
Shimmer Balms 💎
I ordered Mother of Pearl highlight balm and I absolutely love it! I use it on my cheeks, eyes and to contour. Please don't ever discontinue! I finally have found the perfect color for my fair skin and freckles. 5 Stars!
I love using the eye tints as a part of my morning skin care & low make up routine. The moisturizing balm is so soft and gentle on my lids and the soft glow that the pigments leave are the perfect something to add sparkle to a natural look. Absolutely a favorite! ✨
I use my highlight balm as an eyeshadow and it is so easy to apply. It feels great and has just the right amount of shimmer.
The color is lovely. It gives a pretty flushed glow on the cheeks and a hint of color on the lips.
I love these even more than the lip and cheek tint. Once you really dig into this (I stir it up with a toothpick) you’ll get to experience the creamy, rich color that you don’t get if you just rub the top. Fire opal is a beautiful rosy pink as first swipe, but is easy to build. I’m really picky about lip balms, but this is perfect!