Orders ship within 1-5 business days. Most orders ship within 3 business days.
Check the announcement banner at the top of the page to see what's shipping today.
All sales are final. Start with a sample to find out how this product will work for you.
If your order arrives damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP for replacement options.
For questions about this product: Scroll down and click on the button that says "Ask a question." I will respond here ASAP.
Email email@example.com for order inquiries.
Socially: Join the Twinkle Apothecary Patreon community for a weekly chat and Q&A session.
In-person: come say hello when the Twinkle studio is open to the public for shopping each month during the Make Ready Market.
I do not message through social media apps and I do not provide free skincare consultations or medical advice.
Contact your doctor if you have questions about using essential oils, or any of my natural products, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a compromised immune system.
Coupons aren't applicable to subscription products, because they are already discounted. You can add non-subscription products to your cart and your coupons will be applied to those items.
Cancel your order yourself any time before your next charge date.
To pause, edit, switch, or cancel your subscription orders and to edit your subscription shipping address, log into your account and click on the "My Subscriptions" button.
Updating your subscription address is a SEPARATE ACTION from updating the default address on your Twinkle customer account. Update both to make sure you get your order.
If you move, you are responsible for updating your shipping address before your next charge date. Orders shipped to the wrong address will not be refunded or replaced.
- Shimmer Balms
- The colors
- How to use it
- Full ingredients
- Product FAQs
- The packaging
Add a touch of sheer, light-reflecting color to your cheeks, lips, or eyes with these healing plant-based balms.
Highlights (most sheer)
- Diamond is a white shimmer with large sparkles
- Highlight is a nude-peach shimmer with white/gold/beige undertones
- Citrine is a yellow gold shimmer with large sparkles
Pinks and reds
- Rose quartz is a light frosted pink/gold highlight
- Mother of pearl is a neutral tan/pink shimmer with iridescent lilac undertones
- Pink tourmaline is a bright pink shimmer with large diamond sparkles
- Fire opal is a warm, reddish pink coral with large diamond sparkles
- Ruby is a sheer, berry red with pink undertones
- Garnet is a deep brownish burgundy
- Sandstone is a warm, honeyed beige
- Bronze is a golden dark brown/tan
- Ginger snap is a warm, mauve-brown, available only during the fall and winter
First use: break into the balm using your fingertips (or a small makeup spatula or brush) to dig just beneath top layer. This will reveal the balm's richest color.
Apply: to your cheeks, lips, eyes, or anywhere you want to highlight or contour, using your fingertips, a makeup brush, or a sponge.
Build, layer, or mix & match: apply more for more color payoff, or layer over a shimmer powder to add more dimension and glow. Get creative. Shimmer balms are sheer, easy to use, and impossible to mess up. No makeup skills required.
Suggested: apply a layer of setting powder under and over your color to set your look.
New formula: Batches made in October '22 and beyond have an updated formula, which contains more pigment and a less-glossy finish.
shea butter, organic sunflower oil, red raspberry seed oil, candelilla wax, mica* iron oxide, tapioca starch, non-gmo tocopherol oil (vitamin E), lavender essential oil
- Rose quartz Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861), Caesalpinia Sappan bark extract, iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Citrine Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Diamond Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861)
- Highlight Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Bronze Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Sandstone Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Fire Opal Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491), tin oxide (CI 77861), Caesalpinia Sappan bark extract
- Mother of Pearl Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861), Caesalpinia Sappan bark extract, iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Pink Tourmaline Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861)
- Ruby Mica (CI 77019), iron oxide (CI 77491)
- Garnet Mica (CI 77019), iron oxide (CI 77491)
What is the shelf life?
Shimmer balms will stay fresh for approximately one year.
Do they have good staying power?
This isn't an all-day lipstick formula, but they do wear well on cheeks and eyes. There will probably be some creasing in the eye lid, but it's an easy fix - just tap and blend with your fingertip. Reapply on your lips as needed after eating and drinking.
Should I choose the balm or the powder?
It depends on your needs.
The balms are good for all skin-types and won't clog pores.
The powders have a brighter color payoff while the balms are more sheer.
However, the balms add more texture and moisture to your skin while the powders are weightless.
If you have hooded eye lids, you may prefer the powder on your eyes.
Or, you may prefer to layer the powders and balms together on your cheeks and eyes.
Obviously, if you're looking for a lip product, go with the balm.
The possibilities are truly endless.
I have another question...
Scroll down and click on "Ask a Question." You'll receive a response here ASAP.
We're ditching the product labels. Your balm will come with a one-of-a-kind sticker so you can easily identify the color in your bag or drawer. (You can also turn the jar over to see the color though the glass.)
Is it science, is it art, or is it magic? A little bit from columns a, b, and c. All crafted in-house by one very picky witch.
AND CONQUER. Give 0 effs about beauty? US TOO. Let us simplify your routine so you can get back to your smart girl sh*t.
Plants Are It
No, really. That's it. Everything here is 100% botanical based with no artificial fragrances or irritating preservatives.
Burning Mysteries: solved here
it's such a good color - i use it on my cheeks than put highlighter over it. i've also used it as eyeshadow. great, smooth consistency. i recommend! it's fun for winter to add some natural color to your face.
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback on my new shimmer balm formula! It makes me so happy to know that you love your ginger snap. :)
I ordered Mother of Pearl highlight balm and I absolutely love it! I use it on my cheeks, eyes and to contour. Please don't ever discontinue! I finally have found the perfect color for my fair skin and freckles. 5 Stars!
I love using the eye tints as a part of my morning skin care & low make up routine. The moisturizing balm is so soft and gentle on my lids and the soft glow that the pigments leave are the perfect something to add sparkle to a natural look. Absolutely a favorite! ✨
I use my highlight balm as an eyeshadow and it is so easy to apply. It feels great and has just the right amount of shimmer.
The color is lovely. It gives a pretty flushed glow on the cheeks and a hint of color on the lips.