Vintage Champagne Train Dress
This 1950s cocktail dress is pretty in the front, VA-VA-VOOM in the back!
- 3/4 ruched sleeves with a high V neckline and bra-friendly high back.
- Midi-length skirt.
- Back bustle and pleated fishtail train adds dramatic volume.
- Side zipper.
- Tonal rhinestone and beading detail on neckline.
- Belt loops at waist.
- No label, appears handcrafted.
- Fabric is a shiny satin taffeta.
- Bust 32"
- Waist 27"
- Hips 42"
- Should best fit a US size 2
- Note that this dress is quite small on the top, and has to go on over the head due to the side zip. Best for body types with narrow shoulders and small busts - we recommend applying your makeup after you put the dress on!
- Neck opening 8"
- Sleeve length from neck 18"
- Bodice length: Shoulder seam to waist 16.5", Center front to waist 10"
- Dress length: Center front to hem 41", Shoulder seam to hem 46.5", waist to hem 30.5"
- Good to Great. This dress has a few small stains on the side hip near the zipper (see picture.) These may be removable in the hands of a restoration professional, and we feel that they do not detract from the overall effect of the dress when worn.
- A few beads are missing at the shoulders (see pictures,) but this is not noticeable when worn.
- Overall, this dress is in great condition and very much wearable for the right body type!
- A tonal ribbon or velvet sash tied in the back.
- Nude heels.
- Demure faux-pearl earrings.
Check out our guide to buying vintage here.